Sat, 25 Feb|
Nature Walk around Marlay Park
Foraging for local, seasonal plants around Marlay Park
Time & Location
25 Feb 2023, 12:00 – 14:00 GMT
Dublin 16, Grange Rd, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16, D14 Y6X5, Ireland
About the event
We´ll meet at the walled gardens cafe in the park and take a stroll through the woodlands and parkland. We´ll review all the local plants, talk about biodiversity and touch on herbal and medicinal remedies. The walk will include a foraged beverage (or two if you´re lucky!) and a couple of foraged snacks. I provide an info sheet on all we saw and tasted afterwards, including recipes!
- You will need appropriate clothing and footwear.
- The walk is moderately accessible for most but is not suitable for anyone with an advanced disability.
- By signing up for this event you are agreeing to take responsibility for your own safety.
- You will be given clear instructions and guidelines about the plants we see. However, what you decide to eat and the quantities are entirely your decision and responsibility. If you're new to foraging - go easy! :-)
- Any reactions you may have to what is eaten are not the responsibility of the guide.
Mushroom Foraging February
Mushroom foraging in the forests at Three Rock MountainFrom €35.00 to €50.00