Sat, 15 Jul|
Coastal and Hedgerow Foraging
This is a two for one deal! We will review the coastal plants and algae around Whiterock beach. We will also do a tour of the hedgerows of Killiney hill and discuss the local, wild, seasonal plants you can use for medicinal, herbal and edible purposes.
Time & Location
15 Jul 2023, 15:30 IST – 16 Jul 2023, 17:30 IST
Dublin, Scalpwilliam, Dublin, Ireland
About the event
We'll meet near the car park at Killiney Hill and we'll take a walk towards the coast while reviewing and discussing the wild seasonal plants in season on the way and all their nutritional and medicinal benefits. We'll drop down to White Rock Beach for low tide and discuss the coastal plants and seaweed in season. The walk will include a foraged drink (or two) and wild food snacks. I provide an information sheet afterwards on the plants seen and discussed.
Just bring yourself a keep cup and a friend if you like.
- The ticket price is per person
- You will need appropriate clothing and footwear.
- The walk is moderately accessible for most but is not suitable for anyone with an advanced disability. It will take 2 hours and does involve some climbing to exit the beach and return to the carpark.
- By signing up for this event you are agreeing to take responsibility for your own safety.
- You will be given clear instructions and guidelines about the plants we see. However, what you decide to eat and the quantities are entirely your decision and responsibility. If you're new to foraging - go easy! :-)
- If you are prone to any food allergies or have senstivities towards food, please inform the guide. Do not eat anything you think may cause a reaction.
Hedgerow and Coastal July
This ticket is valid for one person for a guided foraging event. The price includes a 2 hour walk with instruction from an expert forager. It also includes wild food beverages and a wild food snack. An information sheet on the plants viewed with be shared with you digitally after the event by email.€20.00